2017: A Flavorless Bag of Trail Mix (With Extra Nuts)

Hello everyone,

S L O W L Y  L O S I N G  G R I P  here, back at it again with another



S      P      I      C      E      Y      Y



blog post, hohohohoooooo yesss baybeeeeee HOHHOO.


Ah, it's that time of the year again.

The temperature's dropping, and so is the number of reasons I have to wake up in the morning and go about my life. Simply marvelous, is it not?

Yap, tidak terasa kita sudah ada di penghujung tahun 2017. Dalam hitungan hari, 2018 akan tiba and man, how in the world am I still alive?

Well, as usual, I am here to look back at all the things that's happened up to this point of the year. And honestly, man, 2017?

I hate.

That's it, I no like.

Masih inget pas gue bilang 2016 buat gue adalah tahun yang garing dan tidak menyenangkan?

Well guess what, ladies and gents, I might just have a new heavyweight champion for the absolute poopybutthole of a year.

Kalo pake majas simile, 2016 itu bagaikan DWP, dan 2017 itu layaknya pasar malem di pelosok gang-gang sempit Lebak Bulus. Not that I've been to either events. I'm not nearly cool and rich enough to go to DWP, tapi gue juga takut jadi korban penculikan kalo pergi ke pasar malem. Gak tau juga sih, to be fair, pasar malem dengan alunan musik dangdut disertai miras oplosan mungkin lebih meriah.

But hey, I digress, you get the point.

In 2017, nothing really happened, besides me getting a job and participating in Indonesian Week. Oh and I also auditioned for a role in next year's Indonesian Week Grandshow, which, of course, I absolutely botched. Lolos apa nggak? HAH, ya kagak lah nyet. Even then, those events feel minute compared to those of previous years. It feels like I lost more than I gained this year. Yes, I have a steady source of income, but I missed numerous interesting events because I have to work weekends. Yes, I got my copy of Pokemon Ultra Moon, but my social circle and the number of people I talk to on a regular basis only grew smaller.

Which is a shame, to be honest. Di 2017 ini, kalo ada satu hal bagus yang bisa gue ambil, adalah musiknya. Di tahun 2017 ini, gue diperkenalkan ke beragam musisi berbeda, dan yang paling bikin gue merasa terpenuhi, kebanyakan dari musisi tersebut adalah hasil gue berpetualang di Yutup, Saunklaud, dan Spotifai. Fazerdaze, Men I Trust, The Midnight, Julien Baker, hell, even frickin DUCKWRTH. Oh and also, even the king himself, Michael Cera, made a solid track. And the list goes on, and on, and on. Selama di Jepang, gue jarang dengerin radio. Hampir gak pernah malahan, hence why my music library won't expand unless I explore and find some myself. A newfound love and appreciation for music crept into me, and it's really been keeping me afloat. It also sparked a new idea I've been dying to try to write, but I'll talk about that later.

And now comes the part where I keep you guys, who, for some reason, are still reading my blog, up to date.

Okay, let's just put it in segments, I guess.

Numero uno,

This blog's content. I know, ini merupakan hal yang udah sangat sering gue omongin di post-post sebelumnya, dan sampe sekarang, gue lebih banyak ngomong daripada nulis. I even said that I would separate my posts, between the sorta "feelsy" curhat kinda posts, and the pure, comedy, and full Indonesian posts.

Welp, I've changed my mind and dumped that idea straight down the shitter. Also, remember that guy that gave "critical" and "objective" comments on my blog?

He chats absolute bullcrap lmao.

Okay, sorry, I just have to put the "lmao" there to make the statement less aggressive, but yes, setelah beberapa kali gue ngobrol dengan dia, gue ngerasa kalo dia itu tipe orang yang "ngomong dulu, mikir kemudian". Dia berusaha terlalu keras untuk terdengar pinter dan rumit, padahal inti dari omongannya cetek. So...yeah. I am no longer taking the advice he gave me.

That was a tangent, but let's get back in line, eh?

Jadi, gue gak lagi bakal misahin post komedi dan post curhat, or at least not fully. Sama halnya dengan bahasa yang gue pake. Gue tentu saja pengen lebih banyak menggunakan Bahasa Indonesia, but at this point, writing exclusively with Indonesian, gue kagok men. Bener-bener susah ngerangkai paragraf, bahkan kalimat aja susah. So what I'm trying to say is I'm giving myself full flexibility ok, there, I said it.

Gak cuma itu, inget tadi pas gue ngomogin musik, gue bilang gue ada ide baru? Beberapa bulan terakhir ini, gue diilhami ide-ide yang gue pengen implikasikan ke blog gue, which if you haven't picked it up already, is music related. Basically I wanna write about music stuff, but not exactly a review or a commentary on it. It's not going to be "comedy", but of course I'll still slip in a few good gags here and there. I don't wanna talk about it too much for now, you'll just have to wait and see later on.

And I have to thank my current part time job for allowing me to come up with these ideas, cause I'm so sick of it, you don't even understand. It's a good job with good working environment and people, but I've worked so many 10-hour shifts during the weekends, I've had about enough of it. If there's anything I learned here, if you ever need ideas or ambition for what you wanna do in the future, try working a job you hate. Worked for me, might worth a shot.

Now, while we're at the topic of part-time job, here comes number two on what's up with me.

I'm quitting my job by the end of the year.

It's a highly risky move, I understand that, but I dunno. I'm only 19, I don't wanna focus on making money too much. And plus, I want to use my weekends for some other stuff that I want to do. As I said, working a nutsack job can give you some sort of enlightenment, imagine studying a major that you're not even interested in.

Jadi untuk satu setengah bulan ke depan, gue bener-bener harus ngirit, because I'm basically gonna be living off of this month's paycheck.

Pray for me.

So that I can survive, or that I'll be given the sweet release of death.

Either way, it's a win-win for me. You choose.

Soooo yeah, with that being said, I don't think I'll be posting any more posts for the remainder of 2017. Winter break is coming, but I have loads of work to finish, and my workplace is also demanding me to do extra shifts because the final week of the year will be busy. It is troublesome, but I don't mind. I see it as some sort of a departing gift from me to them. Or vice versa, I dunno.

But yeah, happy new year, I guess. And Merry Christmas to those who celebrate.

Here's to a better year.





Yours truly,
R

Comments

Popular Posts