Egregious Ending // Blissful Beginning


Bruh.

B  r  u  h.

Heyheyhey everybody,


π’Ÿπ‘’π‘’π“ π’©π“Šπ“‰π“ˆ 𝒱𝒾𝓃𝑒 π’žπ‘œπ“‚π“…π’Ύπ“π’Άπ“‰π’Ύπ‘œπ“ƒ #𝟀𝟩 here, konnichiwa.


Phooey, can you believe it. He's only gone and done it. I can't believe it myself, look at me go.

I graduated college. Yep. No extra semesters, no drama, no dick-sucking e-mailing the professor a day after the exam begging him to give me at least a passing grade, none of that. Finally, my four-year run has come to an end.

Barely.

But still, "graduated" means "graduated" in my book. The certificate's here, a solid proof of my hard work and determination. Or lack thereof.

First things first, I was actually quite surprised to have graduated this semester. Oke, jadi ceritanya gini, buat lulus, mahasiswa di universitas gue perlu setidaknya 124 total credits. I'm gonna spare you the details, but yes basically 1 class = 2 credits generally speaking. I was on 114 before going into my final semester, so in reality, I only needed ten credits. Five classes. A smart student would take more than five classes, just to be safe, because that way, you give yourself a bit of a leeway.

Pop quiz: Am I smart?



No.



I took exactly five classes.

And for those of you wondering, "hey, isn't it possible for you to complete all 124 before your 8th semester?", you are absolutely correct. Given that I was a hardworking, overachieving student throughout semesters 1-7, that is. Which, in this case, I was not. Thus, my predicament.

Gak cuma itu, karena gue sudah di semester terakhir, semua kelas yang bagus dan/atau mudah udah gue ambil di semester-semester lalu. Alhasil, yang tersisa untuk gue hanyalah kelas-kelas yang sejak dulu gue coba hindari setengah mati. Kelas-kelas yang bener-bener scraping the bottom of the barrel, yang profesornya terkenal oleng, atau memang kelasnya sulit tiada dua, and not even the good kinda difficult, where it kinda stimulates the noggin', but the outright 'yeah how is this even going to help me in any capacity' kinda difficult. Atau kalo lo ekstra hoki, gabungan dari keduanya. Gue untungnya gak dapet kelas yang profesornya kemprul, but out of the five subjects I took...

Well, errhm, let's just say I don't exactly know how I managed to pass three of them.

Okay okay, listen, in my defense, at least I was confidence in two of the classes I took, so you know, I wasn't all pessimistic. The way I've lucked my way out of so many things, I wouldn't be suprised if death arrives before my next birthday dude, these next months are gonna be tough holy moly.

Jadi ya gitu, gue lulus. Sarjana. Bachelor's degree. Business Administration, specializing in Innovation and Economics. Wuih. Gak cocok abis sama gue.

Even so, graduation wasn't exactly all festive. I dunno if you've heard, but there's a Black Plague 2.0 going around out there, a witch doctor actually came by my place just the other day.

No, but in all seriousness, my university cancelled both the graduation and entrance ceremonies to prevent the disease being spread in this rustic Japanese town. Understandable, yes, but a bummer nonetheless. I know it's rather selfish to say when there are people dying out there, but... y'know.

Sucks, but fitting, I guess. Always wanted to stay clear of the bright lights, this one once said, apparently someone listened.

Okay narcissist, the world doesn't revolve around you. Moving on.

But heyho, stop being a gloom! You know, my most current playlist is actually filled with upbeat, feel-good songs, and it's really overwhelming me with fuzziness and warmth listening to them! To the point where I want to share it with my friends, and made me imagine things like dancing to the rhythm of the songs with a significant other. But I do not have a significant other, and my friends are busy doing their own lives, hanging out with their friends, in proximity, more outgoing, oh goodness gravy I don't know what to do with such emotions I am having a meltdown. Listening to happy music now has the same effects as listening to sad music, if not worse. Life is gucci.

Hahahaha heyy well enough of that, there are plenty of good going on, to be fair. Animal Crossing: New Horizons just released. Beppu City is surprisingly still lively amidst the big global meltdown. Di hotel tempat gue bekerja, malah makin rame. The pool I'm working at is filled with groups of loud, obnoxious young guys and girls that don't seem to understand the concept of common courtesy and swimming pool safe conduct, which makes my job a million times more difficult. A fellow pool guard got lectured by a patron because his choice of word was not to the patron's liking, even though it wasn't impolite or wrong in any way. The customer was just a big wuss. Oh, the ever so hierarchical Japanese society.

Oke, ini gue mau ngomong positif tapi kok akhir-akhirnya belok ga enak mulu sih? Emang akhir-akhir ini agak susah sih ya, mau gimana juga kayaknya berita gak ada yang enak. Tapi yaa gitu lah, I still keep an eye out on what's coming. Walaupun setiap gue optimis, kayaknya ditepis melulu dan selalu terbukti salah, tapi seru juga. Kayak judi, but instead of money you're betting your grip on reality.

Oh, sama terakhir, kembali lagi ke urusan kelulusan. Gue bakal pulang. I'll admit, after four years, Japan finally feels like home, so it doesn't feel great to be leaving. Terutama setelah enam bulan terakhir ini, I did so many things and met so many people. Yeah I dunno where this post is going anymore. Was there even a point to this post to begin with hahahaha. Bottom line is, I hope this shitty epilogue to my university days is only a precursor, a sign that better things are coming. I'm sure of it. You'll see. I'll probably have it up on all my socials. You know I can't help myself when something good happens hahahaha.

I'm tired.

I'm calling it a night.

Comments

Popular Posts