2018 — It Good, I Guess

Ooooo nelly, this year went by like pre-52 Wally West.

Hello everybody, Circumcised Peepee here, bringing you the latest life update. Whose life? Mine. Upon whose request? Nobody's! Because I just like talking about myself to myself. That's right folks, even though this man acts like a secretive crackhead that doesn't go on social media to post pictures of his face, he actually shows narcissistic tendencies through other means, like this blog right here! Wowzerino!

Anyhow, enough of that nonsense, it's the end of 2018, so first off, MERRY TAHUN BARU! AKEMASHITE OMEDETOU, FELIZ AÑO NUEVO, XIN NIAN KUAI LE, x̷̵̲̱̭͙̕i͔̭̮͚e̢̙̘͍̱͍͔͡a͎͉̳͘͞ ̛̖͎̣̩̗̪͔̻k̡̜̖̮̻a̕͜ͅẹ̶̻̥̦̬̀ͅi̧̭͚̹̦̹̙ ̴̞̤̞̼̪͕d̴͍̻̰̯͢j̧͏̣͙͙a̡͈̝f̣̰̯̲̼͢o̸̶͖̬̣͎̺͙͖͘i͚̱͍̰̜͈̹̤̪͡e͡͏̯͚̻̗ͅ ̸̤͓̭͕͔͇͙͖e̶̲̥͍̱̼̥̮̭͘e̶͙̙̫̤̻e̯̪̻̟,

MINAL AIDIN WALFAIDZIN OR WHATEVER THE F*UCK


Boooy golly, was 2018 something else. In comparison to 2017, it's definitely a huuuuge huge improvement, by a long shot. Then again, 2017 for me isn't exactly the toughest year to beat, so the bar was practically non-existent. But hey, that doesn't take away the fact that 2018 was a ride and a half though, my goodness gravy where should I start?

Gue memulai tahun 2018 dengan tidak banyak harapan. Getting a big tiddy anime girlfriend? Out the window. Getting hard rock abs? Straight in the bin. Becoming a functional adult and contributing to the human society as a whole? Pffft, as if. The only goals I had early on were these; getting a Nintendo Switch by the end of the year. No matter what. And until then, I will not die. Not by my own will, nor someone else's, nor God's, I was determined to not die until I get to smack Dimas on Super Smash Bros.Ultimate in December. The other one goal was to eat healthier. I achieved one of those two, go ahead and take a wild guess which one.

But as the months unfolded, it appeared that 2018 dished out more than I asked for. Like back in March and April, when I went back to Indonesia for spring break. Gue roadtrip ke Bandung bareng sahabat gue, pergi nonton konser band indie dengan orang asing yang gue kenal lewat Tinder, dan juga sempet diteror sama cewek dengan kepribadian ambang yang juga gue kenal berkat aplikasi laknat tersebut.

Sesudah libur musim semi berakhir, gue kembali ke Jepang, ikutan jadi backstage crew buat Indonesian Week 2018, berakhir galau, tapi untuk pertama kalinya, galaunya bukan karena ditolak cewek idaman. Ya, sodara-sodara, untuk pertama kalinya, saya ingin menjadi bagian dari sesuatu yang lebih.

Oh, dan 2018 juga menjadi tahun terakhir gue sebagai "remaja". I turned 20 this year, hence I am no longer a "teen"-ager, and I feel the weight of the world pressing me down.

SO yeah, I guess the theme of 2018 is self growth, self development, or whatever you wanna call it. And if I were to give it a chapter title, I'd call it "Coming of Age". Wuidihhhh gilak, gue selalu kagum dengan kesotoyan gue yang setinggi langit.

Of course, these are not the only things that happened throughout the year, there are plenty more to dig up, but these are the ones that I could tell off the top of my head, the standouts if you will. It's a bit unsettling to be honest, because this year was the year I really tried taking things more slowly, one day at a time, because I do tend to get ahead of myself if I don't keep them in check, and despite that, it still feels like it went by in a blink of an eye. I feel a bit scared now, because I could be 45, alone, in an apartment, stuck in a dead-end job before I could even finish saying "Floccinaucinihilipilification".

However, 2018 was not all swell and smiles, too. As I step into adulthood, keeping in touch with my close friends are slowly becoming more and more of an impossibility. My thought process whenever I wanna talk to someone I haven't talked to in a while is like this.

1. I wanna talk to him/her
2. Thanks to modern technology I could just simply text them! :DD
3. O no but wait, they have their own lives to live, they probably have things to do and are probably busy dealing with them, and they also have other friends aside from me that are actually there in person. Unlike you, Me, you bum, get your ass outta the house and do something productive, goddamn what's so hard about making fri
4. O well, I guess it best to not text them because I would just be a bother, what good is talking to someone if they don wan talk to moi. Back to writing on the interwebs it is :))).

Yep.

That's a pretty good summary, I'd say.

You get the point, right? I'm aware that I'm not exactly the most concise man in existence, but my apebrain cannot express it any other way.

Weeelllll anyhow, I'm just grateful for this year, for everything that happened and... didn't... happen... I guess?? Basically, there were things that I wish had turned out differently, but I'm still glad 2018 went the way it did nonetheless. Will 2019 be better? Who knows, I certainly don't, I sure hope it is, but you bet your ass I'm not gonna bet on it. Either way, here's to (yet another) fresh start. I just hope I get to live to see the end of it. 2019 here we go baybeeeeeeeyyyyy!

Comments

Popular Posts