To Be Alone

I am no stranger to being alone. To solitude. To isolation. I've lived most of my life indulging in it. All but that one year in high school and the last two-and-a-half years or so. 

I had grown fond of it. I thought I didn't, but the fact is I did. And I missed it. Quite dearly, if I may say so.

It's unfair, I know. Cruel, perhaps. 

In times of solitude, it was undeniable that I felt the sweet caresses of loneliness. Swaying me, harvesting my innate desire to belong. To be seen. To be heard. To be loved. 

And I was finally seen. I was finally heard. I was finally loved. But alas, everything came at a price. A high one, at that.

Things happened, one after another. I was broken down, more times than I thought I could handle. Reduced to the essence. Each time, however, I reassembled myself. And with each reassembly, I long for solitude.

More. And more.

Cruel?

Yes. Yes, most definitely so. 


But I belong to Lady Solitude. 

And she, me.

In time, we will return to each other. And that time, I'm afraid, is nigh.

Comments

Popular Posts