To Be Heard


I've always been more of a listener than a talker. I'm a rather private person, but people often mistook my lack of speech for indifference, or even arrogance. I'm far from that. It elates me whenever someone opens up to me. Knowing them deeper as a person, the whos, whats, and hows that shaped them into the person they are.

That said, I do like to tell my stories. It feels good to have someone listen to what you have to say. 

To be heard is one thing.

To be understood, however, is another.

I am an idealist at the core. I strive to make my ideals a reality. My reality, at least. Because as I found out, not everyone sees the world the way I do. Not everyone goes by the same principles I do. At times, I feel heard, but not fully understood.

Then again, how could they understand? They did not get to live my life. They did not get to fully experience my upbringing. At the end of the day, the only person that could fully understand me through and through...

Is myself.

Comments

Popular Posts